Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's My Blog-Aversary!

I realized that I have been blogging for one year today! Here was my very first post. And in honor of this auspicious occasion, I made a cupcake of the pincushion kind. The pattern is from Cindy Talyor Oats that I got at my LQS. Making pincushions seems all the rage lately and Quilting Adventures even had the ground-up-fine walnut shells for the filling which are supposed to be better than sand for your pins, but I don't know why. The pattern was fairly easy to follow except for the parts where they tell you to press the seams. How??? You are dealing with a two inch circumference on this project. At any rate, the pincushion works great.

I want to sincerely thank all of you that read my little blog (hi Mother!). I have enjoyed it very much and I surprised myself by realizing that this is my 61st post in a year. There are several of you that I feel I have gotten to know through your blogs, and even though I'm not a big commenter (sorry about that), please know that I am lurking and enjoying everything you do and write about. I'm excited about so much more in the year to come!

5 comments:

Kimberly Mason said...

Happy Blogaversary!

Summerset said...

Happy Blogaversary! Hope you have many more great years!

Mary Johnson said...

I have a cupcake that my sister made but I want to find a book on pincushions -- I saw one that had the cutest wool ones but didn't buy it and haven't seen it since.

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Blog-Aversary Kim. -- Sally

Walt said...

Kim,

Happy Blog-Aversary (nice play on words). I'm also not a commenter, even on Facebook - just visit. Keep on blogging.

Walt